ANGLE CTC Lab Services
Multiplex gene expression profiling of CTC populations – performance
HyZip technology offers outstanding sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility, which are all critical for the molecular analysis of rare CTCs.
Sensitivity: Detects a single cancer cell or 3 transcript molecules. Sensitivity is driven by:
- No need to split samples – multiplex amplification in a single-tube reaction
- No RNA extraction required minimizing nucleic acid losses. Direct hybrid capture from lysis buffer.
- Flow-through micro-array provides enhanced speed and sensitivity due to the increased surface area available for binding and the elimination of diffusion rate as a limiting factor.
- No global pre-amplification required, reducing the potential for amplification bias
- Direct hybrid capture from lysis buffer – avoiding any extraction anomalies
Donor blood from each of 3 healthy normal volunteers spiked with CaOV3 cells and processed with Parsortix platform. The harvests were analyzed with HyZip Women’s Health Panel. Each plot represents the overlay of 4 individual repeats for each donor. The median CV for all genes was 28.0%, representing the variability of the entire process including spiking, cell harvesting and the HyZip process.
- Multiple recognition events (two target primers to amplify the sequence and one target probe to detect the amplified product)
- Detection of multiple genes limits false negative results