Join our dynamic team of highly skilled, passionate, creative professionals who together are advancing rare cell diagnostics and making precision medicine a reality.
ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Philadelphia (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platform products are used in cancer diagnostics to enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
With 1 in 2 UK people being diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime*, ANGLE’s liquid biopsy technologies have the potential to help clinicians select the most appropriate drugs and therapies for an individual patient. As such, our technologies support the development of Precision Medicine.
In 2021 we opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and Philadelphia (USA) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. The pharma services business offers dynamic analysis of patient condition before, during and after the patient receives the drug, assessing both CTCs and CTC clusters recovered from a simple blood test. We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with FDA.
*Source: Cancer – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
We offer an inclusive and welcoming culture which is firmly rooted in our commitment to develop products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
We are currently recruiting for a Chief Medical Officer to join us on a full or part time basis.
There is a need for an experienced, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to support this next phase of expansion. The CMO will provide both clinical/medical and business perspective to the planning, development, and commercialization of ANGLE diagnostic offerings through its clinical labs, IVD filings and pharma services. The position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and be a key part of the senior management team.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a recognized expert in Medical Oncology or Clinical Pathology.
- Have a history of diagnostic industry or clinical laboratory experience.
- Thrive on proactively engaging internal and external leaders.
- Be capable of serving as a medical expert for CTC diagnostic and biomarker applications.
- Clearly align commercial/scientific goals and objectives with clinical practice and reimbursement.
The position is based in the United States, ideally within the vicinity of the new ANGLE clinical laboratory located in Plymouth Meeting, PA. It is a full-time position, although consideration will be given to candidates who wish to maintain a clinical practice part time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide scientific, medical affairs and clinical direction for ANGLE product development, clinical laboratory, regulatory and reimbursement activities.
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge with regards to the clinical and drug development applications of circulating tumor and other rare cells isolated by the Parsortix® platform.
- Collaborate with senior management and partners in the strategic development of product offerings and enhancements to address customer needs, build industry acceptance and drive financial performance.
- Identify new collaborative clinical opportunities.
- Serve as the ANGLE representative in presenting clinical aspects of the product and general mission. Establish frequent and timely interactions with scientific and clinical thought leaders, medical advisors to Health System providers and committees, payors and patient advocacy groups.
- Interact with External and Internal Clinical, R&D, commercial and medical thought leaders to facilitate and foster increased awareness and application of ANGLE products.
- Build lasting relationships with our customers and collaborators to enable the alignment of ANGLE strategic focus with market needs.
- Serve as the Clinical Subject Matter Expert for applicable regulatory requirements and submissions, interfacing with government agencies and participate in regulatory preparations as required.
- Working with the Director of Clinical Studies, support company-initiated trials or other clinical collaborations by interacting with primary investigators, assisting in protocol design and submission of investigators proposals for research studies.
- Travel (as permitted by pandemic and other restrictions) up to 25% as required including quarterly visits to the UK head office.
Required Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- Advanced medical degree (MD) with specialization in oncology or pathology.
- Clinical experience with a broad medical oncology or clinical pathology background.
- Extensive knowledge of the role of the clinical laboratory and diagnostic testing in clinical practice.
- Substantial experience in a clinical, scientific diagnostic, medical device, pharmaceutical or academic environment.
- Deep understanding of diagnostics, FDA environment, clinical laboratory practices including CAP/CLIA lab requirements and test implementation.
- The ability to translate data into high quality medical information to support actionable, evidence-based strategies that improve outcomes and health system performance.
- A sophisticated understanding of the pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and healthcare industries including commercial and government reimbursement strategies and evolving health care delivery models.
- An established scientific and clinical reputation that will facilitate the external engagement of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Decision Makers (KDMs), and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs).
- Sustained expertise in the field of clinical diagnostic biomarkers.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Must have excellent project management skills.
- Proven record in leadership and staff management, while functioning in a demanding, hands on and action oriented environment.
- A full understanding and willingness to comply with internal standard processes, regulatory and compliance requirements.
Additional qualifications desirable for the role:
- Direct experience with Pharma cancer drug trials and companion diagnostics.
- Existing relationships with relevant Professional Societies, Medical Experts and Guideline Committees.
- In depth knowledge and/or specific expertise in the field of CTCs and liquid biopsy in general.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/
Please reference the position: “Chief Medical Officer”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ANGLE we are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Please no recruiters.