ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Greater Philadelphia area (USA). ANGLE’s patented liquid biopsy platform and associated assays have the potential to be used throughout the cancer care pathway to provide clinicians with individualised, up-to-date, and clinically actionable insight into every patient’s cancer. This could enable patients to receive timely, personalised treatment and improve clinical outcomes.
Liquid biopsies involve sampling and analysis of peripheral blood to identify signs of cancer. Liquid biopsy is minimally invasive and can be undertaken safely in community clinics to provide patients with a rapid diagnosis and timely treatment with targeted therapies. Liquid biopsy may also help to safely monitor cancer patients in remission to provide early warning of recurrence.
In 2021 ANGLE opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and in the Greater Philadelphia area (USA) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix® system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with the FDA.
Join our Team:
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our Guildford clinical laboratory is looking for a Clinical Scientist specialising in Haematology.
This position plays a crucial role in the processing and analysis of blood samples using validated assays that would potentially support the detection of cancer and pre-cancerous features in circulating cells using complex microscopy and other technologies. You will be an experienced Scientist and use your expertise to compare normal versus abnormal cell morphology/expression and evaluate the significance of those differences to identify disease in various stages.
At ANGLE, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating leading edge translational research into clinical diagnostics. We offer the potential for significant corporate growth and career development. We promote a culture of collaboration and shared excellence while encouraging an open and honest exchange of ideas.
We are always in search of potential employees who share our vision and want to make a difference today. In your submission, please describe your background and what you can bring to our team along with attaching your resume.
• Process and analyse blood samples for circulating tumour cells or other rare events utilising novel and established technologies and methodologies.
• Operate immunofluorescence assays, and run controls as required.
• Provide scientific and technical support to existing and upcoming projects.
• Assist in the development and revision of laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs), quality management and document control, and implementation of new assays.
• Collaborate in the training and development of new staff.
• Help design experiments; conduct audits, risk assessments, and data analysis.
• Maintain safety guidelines for clinical laboratory environments and regulatory compliance with CLIA / ISO 15189 and all other applicable regulations.
• Set-up, validate, run, maintain, and calibrate, equipment when required.
• Contribute to the smooth running of laboratory facilities; to include but not limited to stock monitoring and purchase, chemical preparation and handling, cleaning/disinfection activities, data entry and revision, other clerical duties as needed.
• Support all aspects of Laboratory Management in a variety of tasks both in and out of the lab as when required by the supervisor to include but not limited to laboratory administration and operation support, instrument repair and troubleshooting.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
• Expertise in haematology is required.
• BSc or equivalent with a focus on biomedical sciences, combined with 1-2 years of clinical laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
• Strong scientific and technical aptitudes, and commitment to high quality service combined with tolerance for either unexpected or repetitive work.
• Excellent work ethic, and strong liaison skills.
• Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skillset.
• Exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines.
• An eye for detail, decent software proficiency, good notetaking and recording practices.
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
• Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
• Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work.
Due to the nature of the role, the job is Guildford-based but integrates an international team. You are contracted for a 35-hour working week. Your hours of work will normally be seven (7) hours a day within the period 7.00 a.m. and 7.00 p.m. on a mutually agreed shift pattern. As a member of the Clinical Laboratories team, you will be required to regularly work weekends (we anticipate this to be approximately 1-2 weekend days per month, on a rotation basis). When weekend work is required, your working week will be adjusted either Tuesday to Saturday inclusive, or Wednesday to Sunday inclusive.
As a member of our highly skilled and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £28,400+ per annum (commensurate with skills and experience)
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
Furthermore, please be advised that if you submit an application to us for this position, your application and personal details will be processed in accordance with our Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies
ANGLE does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact our ANGLE recruitment team to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ANGLE. ANGLE shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.