ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and the Greater Philadelphia area (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platform products have the potential to be used in cancer diagnostics to enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
With 1 in 2 UK people being diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime*, ANGLE’s liquid biopsy technologies have the potential to help clinicians select the most appropriate drugs and therapies for an individual patient. As such, our technologies support the development of Precision Medicine.
In 2021 we opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and the Greater Philadelphia area (US) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. The pharma services business offers dynamic analysis of patient condition before, during and after the patient receives the drug, assessing both CTCs and CTC clusters recovered from a simple blood test.
We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with FDA.
*Source: Cancer – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and at our facility in the Greater Philadelphia area, we are looking for two Clinical Scientists. The Clinical Scientist I works in a clinical lab setting accurately performing a variety of biological laboratory tests and procedures. Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, collaborating as required with specified project managers, the Clinical Scientist I is responsible for all testing requirements for quality control and regulatory compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and analyze samples for circulating tumor cells or other rare events
- Provide technical expertise, working with R&D and other departments in the development and implementation of new assays
- Maintain specimen integrity by following company’s procedures
- Process clinical samples for Immunofluorescent microscopy and for molecular testing
- Support where required with general stock keeping, with ordering of goods, and by contributing to laboratory record management
- Maintain regulatory compliance with CLIA and all other applicable regulations
- Work within the clinical lab’s quality management system
- Assist in the development of laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures complying with legal regulations for clinical laboratory environments
- Undertake additional ad-hoc / project work as required
- Independently, perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of a Clinical Scientist 1 or as may be assigned from time to time
Required Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- B.S. in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, or related discipline
- Experience in a clinical or academic laboratory
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g. GCLP, ISO, CLIA, OSHA, HAZCOM)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability and willingness to work permanent second or third shift; an altered work week schedule; and/or flexibility for weekend work
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills essential
- Good visual inspection skills combined with tolerance for repetitive work
- Ability to learn highly specialized tasks including fluorescent microscopy and related software
- Maintains an infallible degree of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Absolute integrity and respect for patient confidentiality when dealing with clinical samples
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed to continuous improvement of processes and/or products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/
Please reference the position: “Clinical Scientist I”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ANGLE North America Inc. we are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.