ANGLE is a world leading and growing liquid biopsy company that develops products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
ANGLE’s research and development facilities in Guildford, UK are looking for a Clinical Scientist II (Cytology) / Laboratory Co-ordinator to contribute in the processing and analysis of samples using validated assays that support the detection of cancer and pre-cancerous changes in cells using a microscope. The job holder will use their cytology expertise to compare normal and abnormal cell anatomy and evaluate the significance of the differences to identify disease in various stages.
This role will also play a key role in the initial opening and subsequent day to day co-ordination of our clinical laboratory in Guildford. At a high level, this will include the implementation of a quality system, co-ordination of daily operations and onsite supervision of clinical laboratory personnel (in cooperation with the Head of Clinical Laboratories).
- Assist in the development of laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Process and analyse samples for circulating tumour cells or other rare events
- Provide cytology expertise in the development and implementation of new assays
- Maintain regulatory compliance with CLIA / ISO15189 and all other applicable regulations
- Maintain safety guidelines for clinical laboratory environments
- Work with ANGLE R&D team in the development of new assays
- Undertake additional adhoc / project work as required
- Responsible for onsite activities to establish a clinical laboratory in Guildford. And, the subsequent day to day co-ordination of these activities once the laboratory is established (to ensure the smooth day to day running of the laboratory).
- Work with the Head of Clinical Laboratories to establish the laboratory’s quality management system and assist in the implementation and successful day to day operation of such to maintain quality laboratory practice standards.
- Help establish and maintain a high level of health and safety in the laboratory and ensure staff compliance to health and safety procedures. Be an active member of the company health and safety committee
- Administration of instrument ordering and installation.
- Ensure proper qualification of instruments and assays.
- Guide clinical laboratory personnel on daily activities.
- Interact with ANGLE Research and Development team on daily operations and assay transfers.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- BSc or equivalent with a focus on Cytotechnology or Biology, combined with 5 years’ clinical laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude.
- Good visual inspection skills, an eye for detail and commitment to high quality data combined with tolerance for repetitive work.
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
- Due to the nature of the role, our requirement is for this position to be Guildford based, with flexibility to work shift patterns and weekends.
As a member of our excellent and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £32k+
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.