ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and the Greater Philadelphia area (USA). ANGLE’s patented liquid biopsy platform and associated assays have the potential to be used throughout the cancer care pathway to provide clinicians with individualised, up-to-date, and clinically actionable insight into every patient’s cancer. This could enable patients to receive timely, personalised treatment and improve clinical outcomes.
Join our Team:
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and we are looking for a Computational Biologist to work in a cross functional team environment to guide genomic data analyses via established and potentially novel high throughput bioinformatics with the goal to improve the utility of ANGLE’s ability to guide positive patient outcomes via liquid biopsy.
At ANGLE, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating leading edge translational research into clinical diagnostics. We offer the potential for significant corporate growth and career development. We promote a culture of collaboration and shared excellence while encouraging an open and honest exchange of ideas.
We are always in search of potential employees who share our vision and want to make a difference today. In your submission, please describe your background and what you can bring to our team along with attaching your resume.
- Perform biological and statistical analysis of sequencing, array, genomic, demographic, clinical and outcome data in support of ANGLE research and clinical development projects
- Work with internal ANGLE personnel and external collaborators in the design and interpretation of clinical studies
- Act as an internal best practice and training resource for the incorporation of statistical methodologies and automated scripting in research, development, validation, and manufacturing activities
- Participate in analyses of DNA (targeted, genome-wide and epigenetic) and RNA (transcriptome-wide, targeted, copy number variant) assays in a variety of disease states.
- Carry out biological pathway analysis of ANGLE and collaborator generated data to assist in the identification and understanding of new clinical applications of Parsortix harvest derived analysis.
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of a Computational Biologist or as may be assigned from time to time
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- PhD in computational biology or bioinformatics OR an equivalent combination of commercial experience and formal education
- Demonstrated industry/commercial experience
- Proficiency in one or more computational languages (e.g. PERL, Python, R)
- Experience/familiarity in genomic best practices and established data biorepositories
- Proficiency in biostatistics
- Experience working in teams across disease states and data types on established workflows as well as visionary and novel genomic analyses
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Maintains an infallible degree of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Absolute integrity and respect for patient confidentiality when dealing with clinical samples
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative, yet disciplined problem solver
- Ability to recognize and respond to unexpected opportunities or risks
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and flexibility in undertaking new tasks
- Committed to continuous improvement of processes and/or products
- Strong commitment to producing high quality results in support of project goals
- Resourceful and able to work to deadlines with accuracy and good attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of process and product
- A driver of commitment to quality throughout the company
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement of processes, employee capabilities, and the production of high-quality results
- Effective time management and an ability to delegate work to team members and manage work product delivery
- Collaborative workstyle, with a strong ability to build relationships across diverse functional groups and establish credibility with internal customers and/or external partners
- Confronts difficult situations in a professional manner, demonstrates the ability to listen and establish trust, while providing objective feedback to employees and management
- Ability to summarize detailed data and form actionable recommendations for a variety of audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
As a member of our highly skilled and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/
Please reference the position: “Computational Biologist”
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies
ANGLE does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact our ANGLE recruitment team to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ANGLE. ANGLE shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.