ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and the Greater Philadelphia area (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platform products have the potential to be used in cancer diagnostics to enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for nearly 10 million deaths in 2020*, ANGLE’s liquid biopsy technologies have the potential to help clinicians select the most appropriate drugs and therapies for an individual patient. As such, our technologies support the development of Precision Medicine.
In 2021 we opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and the Greater Philadelphia area (US) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. The pharma services business offers dynamic analysis of patient condition before, during and after the patient receives the drug, assessing both CTCs and CTC clusters recovered from a simple blood test.
We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with FDA.
*Source: IARC, WHO Cancer (who.int)
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and we are looking for a Group Leader for our Technical Service Assistance Centre. This position would be suitable for candidates local to our US or UK facilities.
The TAC Group Leader manages the ANGLE global TAC team in undertaking application and technical support procedures for ANGLE’s circulating cell isolation, multiplex analysis and assay products.
The TAC Group Leader facilitates resolution of customer / stakeholder (including ANGLE Service Laboratories) issues, working in close coordination with R&D, Manufacturing, and Sales and Business Development teams to drive timely solutions. They oversee and implement the delivery of in-depth and contemporary scientific and technical support to collaborators, partners and (prospective) customers.
They also deliver and develop TAC services across ANGLE operating locations and at customer sites in close coordination with internal stakeholders and contributors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision for the technical and field support specialist teams based at ANGLE locations in UK, US and Canada.
- Manage the designated TAC activities, including preparation of product specific education resources, customer and collaborator onboarding and training, troubleshooting and routine maintenance and repair of ANGLE cell separation instruments (Parsortix) and multiplex analysis instruments (HyCEAD/Ziplex) for customers and other stakeholders.
- Deliver the preventative maintenance, fault diagnosis/repair and technical/application support service for the company’s circulating cell isolation, multiplex analysis, and assay products.
- Provide responsive technical support for ANGLE operations including diagnosing and rectifying causes of instrument/assay failure in company laboratories, including ANGLE Service Laboratories.
- Ensure the customer experience and field related issues/opportunities are fed back into the ANGLE new product definition and development processes to ensure that ANGLE products accommodate customer feedback, industry best practice and product deployment experiences.
- Deliver a comprehensive field technical support program, including remote training and continuing education, remote support, and field support activities such as equipment installation, diagnosing and rectifying causes of instrument/assay failure.
- Utilise the company’s customer relationship management system to document customer activity, manage the TAC processes and report TAC performance KPIs to Senior Management and other stakeholders.
- Problem-solve over a complex range of tasks subject to competing contractual, financial, personnel and time constraints and provide conclusions and insights using significant analytical capabilities.
- Employ organization skills, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met and own workload is managed with minimal supervision.
- Maintain commitment, self-motivation and flexibility in job role including being prepared to regularly travel to customer sites in North America, Europe and the UK, which may necessitate overnight stays and periods (within one week) away from home.
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of a TAC Group Leader or as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or Biomedical Engineering.
- 3 year’s industrial experience or equivalent, ideally in the in vitro diagnostics industry and specifically in diagnostic assay development/validation.
- Experience in oncology, molecular biology, or cell biology.
- Experience in managing (field based) customer-facing support staff.
- Experience with management/delivery of front-line customer support functions.
- Experience working in a regulated environment – medical device or therapeutics.
- High degree of attention to detail with good visual inspection skills combined with tolerance for repetitive work with the aim of producing consistent high-quality outcomes for customers
- Effective time management and an ability to delegate work to team members and manage work product delivery
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement of processes, employee capabilities, and the production of high-quality results
- Collaborative workstyle, with a strong ability to build relationships across diverse functional groups and establish credibility with internal and external customers
- Confronts difficult situations in a professional manner, demonstrates the ability to listen and establish trust, while providing objective feedback
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to recognize and respond to unexpected opportunities or risks
- Commercially astute and a dynamic, strategic thinker
- Ability to summarize detailed data and form actionable recommendations for a variety of audiences
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Maintains an infallible degree of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- Commitment to the generation and maintenance of high-quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/
Please reference the position: “TAC Group Leader”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies
ANGLE does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact our ANGLE recruitment team to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ANGLE. ANGLE shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.