ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Greater Philadelphia area (USA). ANGLE’s patented liquid biopsy platform and associated assays have the potential to be used throughout the cancer care pathway to provide clinicians with individualised, up-to-date, and clinically actionable insight into every patient’s cancer. This could enable patients to receive timely, personalised treatment and improve clinical outcomes.
Join our Team:
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our team in Guildford are looking for a Health & Safety Officer.
This important position will provide expert health and safety advice, guidance and support to provide a safe working environment for all employees, visitors, and 3rd parties of ANGLE, promoting a culture of health and safety.
The position supports both office and laboratory environments, with the evaluation of the risks associated with laboratory activities and material used during new product development, ensuring that the analytical work undertaken by the laboratories is in compliance with the relevant quality requirements (eg GMP, UKAS, ISO15189).
At ANGLE, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating leading edge translational research into clinical diagnostics. We offer the potential for significant corporate growth and career development. We promote a culture of collaboration and shared excellence while encouraging an open and honest exchange of ideas.
We are always in search of potential employees who share our vision and want to make a difference today. In your submission, please describe your background and what you can bring to our team along with attaching your resume.
- Manage, establish, and monitor standards, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure compliance with the requirements of relevant legislation.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of applicable environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Develop, review, and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices, to ensure adherence to relevant legislation. Lead in the execution and enforcement of such policies.
- Proactively identify solutions to issues, new preventative measures and the potential impact of amendments to existing/newly introduced regulations and make changes to ways of working where required.
- Coordinate health and safety related meetings and take responsibility for completion of follow up actions.
- Devise and review suitable risk assessments, including COSHH to identify and mitigate against potential hazards.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses are investigated and follow up with preventive measures.
- Provide support and guidance to employees and HR on health and safety matters relating to work-related injuries or illnesses and their prevention.
- Responsible for the health and safety induction and training procedures (including DSE) for staff, visitors, and third parties. Responsible for organising sufficient first aid cover, fire warden and other health and safety training as required.
- In conjunction with relevant laboratory and facilities teams, provide guidance and support in relation to building, facility and equipment servicing and calibrations through subcontractors i.e. gas, fire & security, PAT testing, refrigeration etc.
- Liaise with laboratory teams to ensure smooth running of the laboratories in the health and safety aspects related to stock handling, protective equipment, workflow design, etc.
- Lead internal and external health and safety audits. Report and follow up on actions identified as a result of relevant audits and investigations.
- Assist in maintaining a relevant document library to support internal quality standards and codes of practice.
- Interact with external regulatory bodies as required.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent), demonstrable Health and Safety experience within a laboratory setting.
- Postgraduate education in a subject related to sciences (desirable).
- Working knowledge/ accreditation in PUWER, PSSR, COSHH, WAH, FAW, DSE and other relevant regulations.
- Experience of leading site emergency teams such as First Aid, Fire, Biosafety and Chemical response.
- Familiarity with the ISO quality framework.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize and respond to unexpected opportunities or risks.
- Willingness and flexibility in undertaking new tasks.
- Committed to continuous improvement of processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data.
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work.
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
Due to the nature of the role, our requirement is for this position to be Guildford based, office hours, five days per week.
As a member of our highly skilled and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
Please be advised that if you submit an application to us for this position, your application and personal details will be processed in accordance with our Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies
ANGLE does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact our ANGLE recruitment team to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ANGLE. ANGLE shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.