Come, join our dynamic team of highly skilled, passionate, creative professionals who together are advancing rare cell diagnostics and making precision medicine a reality.
ANGLE is a world leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Pennsylvania (US).
We offer an inclusive and welcoming culture which is firmly rooted in our commitment to develop products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting to the HR Manager the HR Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to be the first point-of-contact for the North American HR Department providing answers and guidance to employees regarding routine HR questions and matters. The Human Resources Coordinator manages day-to-day Human Resource functions and provides support to the HR Manager in developing, implementing, and maintaining ANGLE Human Resources and health & safety programs, policies, and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide thorough and exceptional service to employees in all routine matters relating to the Human Resources department including health & safety, always maintaining discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Employ a careful and comprehensive approach to decision making within expertise and knowledge, elevating matters to the HR Manager as required
- Work alongside the UK HR Department to research, coordinate and administer special projects and initiatives assisting with the growth and professionalism of HR systems and practices across all three regions
- Coordinate and participate in the recruitment & selection process and take ownership of the onboarding process for HR and health & safety
- Perform administrative duties associated with employee status changes including, but not limited to maintaining accurate standing data, job descriptions, and organization charts
- Take full responsibility for coordination of employee vacation and time-away approval and tracking
- Administratively support the monthly Canadian and US health & safety committee meetings assuming the completion of various assigned action items
- Lead the monthly Workplace Inspection program in Toronto
- Manage the training schedule for legislated and general HR and health & safety training including scheduling internal and external training, maintaining records, and compliance
- Stay abreast of legislative policy and guidance changes that may affect the day to day operations in Canada and the US, reporting findings to and assisting the HR Manager with compliance
- Draft various HR and H&S policies and procedures
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of a Human Resources Coordinator or as may be assigned from time to time
Required Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in an administrative Human Resources role with experience managing projects and/or independently coordinating various HR functions
- Experience with the application of relevant employment and occupational health and safety legislation in both Canada and the US
- Previous experience implementing an HRIS and rolling out communication platforms an asset
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g. cGMP, ISO, WHMIS, Occupational Safety)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Maintains an infallible degree of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to demonstrate and foster collaboration between team members and other departments, and make independent decisions
- Confronts difficult situations in a professional manner, demonstrates the ability to listen and establish trust, while providing objective feedback to employees and management
- Collaborative workstyle, with a strong ability to build relationships across diverse functional groups and establish credibility with internal customers
- Ability to recognize and respond to unexpected opportunities or risks
- Creative, yet disciplined problem solver
- Strong commitment to producing high quality results in support of project goals
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and flexibility in undertaking new tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to jobsABI@angleplc.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/.
Please reference the position: “HR Coordinator”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please NO recruiters.
At ANGLE Biosciences Inc. we are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.