ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Philadelphia (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platform products have the potential to be used in cancer diagnostics to enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for nearly 10 million deaths in 2020*. ANGLE’s liquid biopsy technologies have the potential to help clinicians select the most appropriate drugs and therapies for an individual patient. As such, our technologies support the development of Precision Medicine.
In 2021 we opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and Philadelphia (USA) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. The pharma services business offers dynamic analysis of patient condition before, during and after the patient receives the drug, assessing both CTCs and CTC clusters recovered from a simple blood test. We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with FDA.
*IARC, WHO Cancer (who.int)
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our research and development facilities in the Greater Philadelphia area, US are looking for a Lab Administrator specialising in supporting the functions of a scientific laboratory.
You will be an experience Administrator who can perform a multi-function support role which encompasses general administrative, manufacturing and facility support, quality, logistics, inventory, and laboratory maintenance.
- Receive, allocate, and ensure proper storage of incoming materials
- Inspect all incoming goods and equipment ensuring that documentation is correctly and accurately completed according to relevant SOPs and purchase specifications
- Assist Customer Care Lead and provide backup with logistics and shipping:
- package, label, and arrange shipment of outgoing materials and liaise with courier
- monitor shipments to ensure delays are avoided and do not compromise temperature sensitive shipments, escalating issues when required
- Ensure laboratory and manufacturing consumable inventory stock levels are maintained and initiate purchasing of the laboratory consumables as required
- Qualify, maintain, and calibrate, measuring and test equipment in accordance with schedules and safety requirements
- Conduct in-house calibration and support external calibration activities
- Maintain the chemical and biohazardous waste collection and disposal systems
- Maintain good housekeeping for shared, common-use laboratory and manufacturing areas; monitoring for compliance, such as ensuring reagents and consumables are labelled and stored appropriately, lab coats disposed daily, spills addressed immediately, equipment issues reported to the relevant supervisor and Quality
- Organize replacement of filters in the fume hoods and facilities equipped with such filters
- Provide back up support as required for purchasing, quality, operations and manufacturing functions
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of an administrator or as may be assigned from time to time
- pick, pack, and dispatch ANGLE product according to quality system procedures
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g. cGLP, ISO, CLIA, OSHA, HAZCOM)
- 1-3 years experience in an industrial biotechnology or diagnostic company operating in a regulated manufacturing or product development environment
- Demonstrated experience with logistics including international shipping and receiving, inventory/supply management and processing of sales orders
- Experience with inventory management, laboratory maintenance, customer service and shipping and receiving in a commercial setting
- Experience with Transportation of Dangerous Goods and International Air Transport Association compliance
- Experience with laboratory waste removal including hazardous and biohazardous waste and associated regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g. cGMP, ISO, WHMIS, Occupational Safety)
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and able to work to deadlines with accuracy and good attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to quality processes and products
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Good visual inspection skills combined with tolerance for repetitive work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and document archive
How to Apply
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ANGLE North America Inc. we are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.