Come and join our dynamic team of highly skilled, passionate, creative professionals who together are advancing rare cell diagnostics and making precision medicine a reality.
ANGLE has unique technology addressing critical needs in the rapidly growing liquid biopsy market which provides a simple and effective way to capture circulating tumor cells from cancer patient blood. The technology is being commercialized in both Europe and North America – initially to the research market.
ANGLE Biosciences is conveniently located near Pearson International Airport with access to some of Canada’s best academic and health researchers in the Greater Toronto Area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a challenging and stimulating workplace environment.
The Manufacturing Associate works in a laboratory and clean room environment maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment and executing routine manufacturing procedures following prescribed SOPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembly of consumables in a clean room environment
- Maintenance and operation of standard laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, pipettes, balances and pH meters
- Receipt of incoming materials
- Labelling and packaging manufactured products
- Recording all data and results with accuracy and responsibility
- Contribute, as required to laboratory management tasks (e.g. H&S, receiving, inventory and purchasing)
- In-process and product release quality control testing of reagents and consumables produced by the company
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of a Laboratory Technician or as may be assigned from time to time
Required Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- Minimum high school or community college certificate
- 1-2 years industry experience, preferably in a regulated medical device manufacturing or laboratory environment
- Previous experience with small component assembly
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (cGMP, ISO, workplace safety)
- Operating knowledge of basic performance and instrumentation in a biological and chemical laboratory
- Understanding of the principles of molecular biology and/or immunoassays
- Proficient routine laboratory skills (e.g. pipetting, operation of laboratory equipment)
- Experience with quality control testing of reagents and consumables
- Attention to detail in following written SOPs and producing error free records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Good visual inspection skills combined with tolerance for repetitive work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- Flexibility and a “can do” attitude
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to jobsABI@angleplc.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/
Please reference the position: “Laboratory Manufacturing Associate”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please NO recruiters.
At ANGLE Biosciences we value diversity and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.