ANGLE is a world leading and growing liquid biopsy company that develops products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
ANGLE’s research and development facilities in Guildford, UK are looking for a Laboratory Operations Technician / Laboratory Support Technician to contribute to the smooth running of the laboratory, provide support to the scientific team, while working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for quality and regulatory compliance of work undertaken.
- Perform stock check of materials to ensure that the laboratory has everything it needs to carry out its day-to-day operations.
- Contribute to the running of the laboratory facility, including placing orders to ensure all required stock is maintained at the correct levels.
- Support laboratory staff by picking-up, cleaning, washing, and distributing glassware.
- Support cleaning of laboratory as required.
- Prepare solutions for Scientists within R&D and Manufacturing departments.
- Ensure all equipment and consumables are labelled correctly in accordance with laboratory Quality Management System (QMS).
- Support in arranging for equipment to be calibrated and/or serviced, as and when required.
- Support all aspects of Laboratory Management in a variety of tasks both in and out of the lab as and when required by line manager; to include but not limited to laboratory administration and operations support.
- Handle hazardous materials, reagents and chemicals in a safe manner in accordance with laboratory policy and procedures.
- Work in accordance with laboratory standard operating procedures (SOP’s), ensuring adherence to Health & Safety standards and cleanliness in the laboratory area, as well as other laboratory standards.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Educated to A level standard. However, we do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience as full training will be provided.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Commercially astute and a dynamic, strategic thinker.
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
- Due to the nature of the role, our requirement is for this position to be Guildford based, with flexibility to work shift patterns if required.
As a member of our excellent and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £19,000 – £20,000 per annum
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.