ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Philadelphia (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platform products have the potential to be used in cancer diagnostics to enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
With 1 in 2 UK people being diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime*, ANGLE’s liquid biopsy technologies have the potential to help clinicians select the most appropriate drugs and therapies for an individual patient. As such, our technologies support the development of Precision Medicine.
In 2021 we opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and Philadelphia (USA) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. The pharma services business offers dynamic analysis of patient condition before, during and after the patient receives the drug, assessing both CTCs and CTC clusters recovered from a simple blood test. We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with FDA.
*Source: Cancer – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our research and development facilities in Guildford, UK are looking for a Product and Manufacturing Support Engineer specialising in applying expertise in measurement, analysis, inspection, and control of mechanical fluidic, electrical, and electronic components of existing and newly introduced company’s products.
This important position will undertake work that involves comprehensive preventive and corrective maintenance and technical service for the company’s products in our own facilities (and at customer premises on an exceptional basis).
- Technical support to products manufacturing and testing within own manufacturing facilities or in coordination with external suppliers, ensuring smooth production flow.
- Technical support to internal and external customers and collaborators to diagnose, rectify, and prevent instrument functioning issues, and to respond to R&D questions on adapting applications.
- Further development of service, maintenance and manufacturing processes, identifying suitable tooling and operation cycles.
- Support the scheduling of in house and at customer instrument service and repair activities.
- Report to designated line manager but collaborate as instructed with specified project managers in activities that require product support.
- Carry out technical activities, including technical investigation, routine updating and maintenance of company’s products in the laboratory (and in the field for exceptional customer support).
- Provide technical support in-house including diagnosing and rectifying causes of instrument failure.
- Inspection of first offs from manufacturing and completion of inspection paperwork.
- Lead the product failure and root cause investigations in line with quality system requirements.
- Utilise the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to log and respond to technical support queries, as well as to generate data for reporting and analysis.
- Analyse data (e.g. with graphs, histograms plotting, dashboards, FMEA templates) to prove certain trends per product/period and provide feedback to Engineering and other R&D teams.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for instruments.
- Ensure that engineering service and maintenance procedures are followed with proper paperwork and logbooks up to date.
- Maintain cleanliness and lean working environment, with proper tooling management and purchase.
- Specification of inspection and control equipment to develop company manufacturing capabilities.
- To implement procedures and set up experiments for investigation, assessment, and classification of existing or new parts of the company’s products.
- To propose and help on the improvement of protocols for instrument performance control.
- To develop and maintain good communication lines with development engineers to further improve product functionality, performance, and reliability, as well as to support new product introductions as necessary.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Technical qualification to HND or Bachelor (or equivalent) in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Biomedical engineering.
- Background as a field support engineer or field service engineer (or equivalent job role).
- Recent hands-on experience with mechanical, fluidic, pneumatic, electrical, or electronic components, preferably in systems of laboratory bench or desk size.
- Previous biotechnology experience (Medical Devices, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutics) is desirable.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and believing in Lean working environment is desirable.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office suite (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Willing to support development of product service and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and other technical drawings and documents.
- Strong data analysis capabilities.
- Good organization skills, ensuring deadlines and expectations are meant, with the ability to work autonomously and self-diagnose issues.
- Good written and verbal communication, coordination, and interpersonal/team skills.
- Commitment and self-motivation to providing outstanding customer service.
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job, including additional ad-hoc tasks.
- Due to nature of role, the requirement is for Guildford based, office hours and 5 days per week, with some field based work which may necessitate occasional overnight stays away from home.
Join our Team
At ANGLE, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating leading edge translational research into clinical diagnostics. We offer the potential for significant corporate growth and career development. We promote a culture of collaboration and shared excellence while encouraging an open and honest exchange of ideas.
We are always in search of potential employees who share our vision and want to make a difference today. In your submission, please note the position you are interested in, describe your background and what you can bring to our team along with attaching your resume.
As a member of our excellent and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £32,000 per annum
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies
ANGLE does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact our ANGLE recruitment team to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ANGLE. ANGLE shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.