ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and the Greater Philadelphia area (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platform products have the potential to be used in cancer diagnostics to enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
With 1 in 2 UK people being diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime*, ANGLE’s liquid biopsy technologies have the potential to help clinicians select the most appropriate drugs and therapies for an individual patient. As such, our technologies support the development of Precision Medicine.
In 2021 we opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and the Greater Philadelphia area (US) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. The pharma services business offers dynamic analysis of patient condition before, during and after the patient receives the drug, assessing both CTCs and CTC clusters recovered from a simple blood test.
We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with FDA.
*Source: Cancer – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our Research and Development facilities in Toronto are looking for a Product Engineering Technician. The Product Engineering Technician participates in the internal and external service support of instrumentation platforms as well as in the development, engineering, design, testing, and installation of such systems and their components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service equipment used at ABI including but not limited to Parsortix and Ziplex instruments and other instrumentation used in engineering, R&D labs and manufacturing. Support and participate as required in servicing of third-party equipment at ABI.
- Service equipment installed by ANGLE at external organizations.
- Participate in installation of new equipment internally and externally. Conduct IQ, OQ and PQ testing for new equipment.
- Participate in design and assembly of prototype instruments.
- Assist with component selection.
- Provide project status and laboratory reports as required.
- Participate in troubleshooting and implementation of necessary corrective measures.
- Independently provide engineering services for routine technical problems, elevating more complex problems to be addressed with the guidance of Associate level Engineers.
- Assist in the design, testing and assembly of prototype instruments and test fixtures while adhering to appropriate quality regulations.
- Use test jigs to evaluate parts and assembly performance.
- Test system components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance requirements.
- Conduct experiments and tests required for development of new instrumentation.
- Ensure that all equipment used is properly calibrated and maintained. Participate in internal calibration activities.
- Participate in monitoring activities for the equipment under surveillance (refrigerators, freezers, etc.).
- Maintain service and parts inventory along with repair facility.
- Provide engineering support to other departments of ABI as required.
- Follow good documentation practices as required by the Quality Management System
- Follow SOPs and work instructions related to engineering and service activities.
- Participate in resolution of the CAPAs related to engineering and service as well as any other hardware and software related issues.
- Employ a creative and inventive approach to problem solving and product development.
- Travel within North America, UK and Europe on an occasional basis.
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of a Product Engineering Associate or as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Basic science education or experience, preferably in Life Sciences
- 1-3 years’ experience in service or design of analytical or diagnostic instrumentation
- Previous experience in a technical support role
- Experience working with SolidWorks or other CAD programs
- Experience with troubleshooting and assembly of electronic circuits
- Experience working within a regulated manufacturing or product development environment
- Proven ability to independently troubleshoot routine instrument/product issues
- Experience working in the physical laboratory and with general measuring equipment
- Proven ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple fashion
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g. cGMP, ISO, WHMIS, Occupational Safety)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Creative, yet disciplined problem solver
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to jobsABI@angleplc.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/.
Please reference the position: “Product Engineering Technician”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.
Please no recruiters.
At ANGLE Biosciences Inc. we are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.