ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Philadelphia (US). ANGLE’s patented liquid biopsy platform and associated assays have the potential to be used throughout the cancer care pathway to provide clinicians with individualised, up-to-date, and clinically actionable insight into every patient’s cancer. This could enable patients to receive timely, personalised treatment and improve clinical outcomes.
Liquid biopsies involve sampling and analysis of peripheral blood to identify signs of cancer. Liquid biopsy is minimally invasive and can be undertaken safely in community clinics to provide patients with a rapid diagnosis and timely treatment with targeted therapies. Liquid biopsy may also help to safely monitor cancer patients in remission to provide early warning of recurrence.
In 2021 ANGLE opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and Philadelphia (USA) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management. We are also pursuing an FDA product clearance for the Parsortix® system and have submitted a full De Novo submission, which is currently in substantive review with the FDA.
Join our Team:
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our research and development facilities in Guildford, UK are looking for a Product Support Specialist specialising in scientific and technical support
This important position, will lead in the implementation of application support and technical support capability for the company’s circulating cell isolation products and multiplex analysis products.
At ANGLE, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating leading edge translational research into clinical diagnostics. We offer the potential for significant corporate growth and career development. We promote a culture of collaboration and shared excellence while encouraging an open and honest exchange of ideas.
We are always in search of potential employees who share our vision and want to make a difference today. In your submission, please describe your background and what you can bring to our team along with attaching your resume
- Provide in-depth and contemporary scientific and technical support to collaborators, partners and (prospective) customer in close coordination with the Sales and Business Development and R&D teams.
- Facilitate the resolution of customer / stakeholder (including ANGLE Service Laboratories) issues working in close coordination with R&D and manufacturing teams to drive timely resolution.
- Provide organised, in-depth feedback from customer facing scientific and technical support activities into the R&D process during post-market (Stage 6) and feasibility (Stage 1 / 2) new product development stages.
- Provide line management for UK based TAC personnel including Product Support Engineers
- Provide detailed, comprehensive plans and specifications for support projects including dependencies and risks.
- Manage and develop relationships with external organisations and collaborators as required.
- Communicate programme/project status and plans to management.
- Work on specific, identified projects providing in-depth scientific and technical support for Parsortix and Ziplex deployments and field applications.
- Work with ANGLE business development teams and identified 3rd parties to ensure ANGLE products are deployed (in sales, trials, collaborative projects and evaluations) appropriately and that desirable scientific and commercial outcomes are achieved.
- Support ANGLE business development efforts by providing scientific and technical assistance as required.
- Act as an independent problem solver, able to make recommendations on proposed routes forward to senior management in this complex, fast-paced environment.
- Report to designated line manager, but collaborate as instructed/required with specified project managers, group leaders and senior management in individual projects and activities
- Utilise the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to log all support activities delivered.
- To work with the product development and manufacturing teams to further improve product functionality, performance and reliability.
- Adopt a flexible approach to the requirements of the job.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Batchelors or Masters (preferred) level qualification in Life Sciences, preferably oncology, molecular biology or cell biology with at least three years postdoctoral experience or equivalent, ideally in the in vitro diagnostics industry and specifically in diagnostic assay development/validation.
- Experience working in a regulated environment – medical device or therapeutics.
- Detail oriented, with a commitment to producing high quality outcomes for customers.
- Ability to provide conclusions and insights using your significant analytical capabilities.
- An ability to problem-solve over a complex range of tasks subject to competing contractual, financial, personnel and time constraints.
- Excellent organization skills, ensuring deadlines and expectations are meant, with the ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision whilst maintaining flexibility in job role.
- The ability to rapidly prioritise tasks in response to unexpected opportunities or risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Commitment and self-motivation to providing outstanding technical service and development of ANGLE’s products.
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
- Due to the nature of the role, our requirement is for this position to be Guildford based, office hours, five days per week.
As a member of our highly skilled and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £35000 – £45000
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.