Come and join our dynamic team of highly skilled, passionate, creative professionals who together are advancing rare cell diagnostics and making precision medicine a reality.
ANGLE is a world leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Pennsylvania (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platforms include the Parsortix® system, for the enrichment of rare cells, including circulating tumor cells (CTCs), from blood, and the HyZip system, for the highly sensitive, multiplexed and cost-effective analysis of RNA, DNA and/or proteins. Together the technologies provide sample to answer molecular analysis of CTCs from a simple blood draw.
We offer an inclusive and welcoming culture which is firmly rooted in our commitment to develop products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
We are currently recruiting for a Research Associate to work in our regulated lab environment designing, performing, and reporting laboratory experimental tasks for the development, optimization, verification, and validation of assays to analyze nucleic acids or protein expression in human clinical samples.
The Research Associate works on projects that may require considerable innovation resulting in a major impact on company performance, following set goals and determined route(s) to delivery. The incumbent works to ensure success of projects, company goals and milestone delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development, optimization, verification, and validation of assays under design control in support of corporate research and product development programs
- Prepare experimental specification and report documents as assigned
- Execute laboratory protocols for nucleic acids and/or protein assays
- Purify, QC and amplify nucleic acids from clinical samples, analyse using microarrays or PCR
- Ensure that assays are properly run with controls in a timely manner according to design requirements
- Perform and accurately and formally document results from experimentation, device and assay designs and verification tests in a timely manner
- Implement design controls, verification, and validation strategies in compliance with relevant regulatory guidelines and with minimal supervision
- Use and maintain laboratory equipment required for nucleic acid and protein tests
- Collect, analyze, prepare, and present summaries of data
- Develop and maintain laboratory procedures and equipment consistent with QSRs
- Contribute to the development of new products and ideas through literature reviews and observation
- Represent the company externally as required through participation in partner projects and customer technical support
- Provide training to other staff members when assigned
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with the role of a Research Associate or as may be assigned from time to time
Required Experience, Education and Knowledge:
- BSc. in Life Sciences, preferably in a field of oncology, molecular biology or cell biology OR an equivalent combination of commercial experience and formal education
- 1-3 years research lab experience, preferably in an industrial biotechnology or diagnostic company operating in a regulated manufacturing or product development environment
- Experience in molecular biology techniques for nucleic acid analysis including PCR, Q-PCR methods
- Hands-on experience in developing, running, and troubleshooting RNA/DNA/protein assays
- Proficient in routine laboratory skills (e.g. pipetting, operation of laboratory equipment)
- Working knowledge of appropriate regulatory requirements (e.g. cGMP, ISO, WHMIS, Occupational Safety)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong scientific/technical aptitude
- Willingness and flexibility in undertaking new tasks
- Absolute integrity and respect for patient confidentiality when dealing with clinical samples
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to jobsABI@angleplc.com or apply directly to our website at https://angleplc.com/careers/
Please reference the position: “Research Associate”.
All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please NO recruiters.
At ANGLE Biosciences Inc. we are committed to maintaining and developing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.