ANGLE is a world leading and growing liquid biopsy company that develops products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
ANGLE’s research and development facilities in Guildford, UK are looking for a Scientist I (Cell Biology & Imaging) to contribute to the execution of laboratory based assays for the development of clinical diagnostic products. The job is laboratory-based working in a multi-disciplinary team. Goals and routes are agreed daily with supervisor, but an ability to work independently is expected.
- Hands-on laboratory work, primarily in the area of Cell Biology and Imaging;
- Provide scientific and technical support to programmes and projects;
- Perform routine scientific research tasks requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget delivery of work packages within a project, including timely reporting of progress on projects and on metrics to monitor and mitigate risk and to ensure product deadlines are met;
- Responsible for quality and regulatory compliance of work undertaken;
- Independently keep a current knowledge base in relevant areas of scientific and technical research;
- Manage the day to day running of assigned development projects within the Quality Management System (ISO13485) and working to the New Product Development (NPD) operating procedure;
- Undertake additional adhoc / project work as required.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Masters in Life Sciences, with at least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience or equivalent in oncology and cell biology or imaging, preferably gained in the in vitro diagnostics industry in diagnostic assay development/validation.
- Demonstrated expertise and hand-on competency in cell biology and imaging technologies (optical and fluorescence microscopy).
- Immunofluorescence staining experience is essential.
- Experience working to strict quality standards such as Medical Device regulations and standards including, but not limited to, 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, 93/42/EEC, IVD 98/79 EC, ISO14971, GMP, GLP, QSR. A strong understanding of the importance of accurate record keeping within a strictly controlled quality system is essential.
- Organisational skills and the ability to rapidly prioritise tasks in response to unexpected opportunities or risks.
- Manage and deliver product development projects to agreed performance specifications, on time and within budget.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills, work ethic and attention to detail.
- Due to nature of role, the requirement is for Guildford based, office hours and 5 days per week.
As a member of our excellent and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £27,000 per annum
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.