ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Greater Philadelphia area (USA). ANGLE’s patented liquid biopsy platform and associated assays have the potential to be used throughout the cancer care pathway to provide clinicians with individualised, up-to-date, and clinically actionable insight into every patient’s cancer. This could enable patients to receive timely, personalised treatment and improve clinical outcomes.
Liquid biopsies involve sampling and analysis of peripheral blood to identify signs of cancer. Liquid biopsy is minimally invasive and can be undertaken safely in community clinics to provide patients with a rapid diagnosis and timely treatment with targeted therapies. Liquid biopsy may also help to safely monitor cancer patients in remission to provide early warning of recurrence.
In 2021 ANGLE opened GCLP compliant clinical laboratories in Guildford (UK) and in the Greater Philadelphia area (USA) to provide “pharma services” for cancer drug trials and, once the labs are accredited, laboratory developed tests (LDTs) for patient management.
In May 2022, ANGLE achieved FDA clearance for a novel medical device for the capture and harvest of circulating tumour cells (CTCs) from metastatic breast cancer patient blood for subsequent analysis.
Join our Team:
This is an exciting time at ANGLE and our research and development team in Guildford are looking for a Scientist II specialising in verification and validation of clinical diagnostic products developed by the Product Development team. You will undertake work that requires considerable innovation resulting in a major impact on company performance.
At ANGLE, we foster a dynamic, entrepreneurial approach to translating leading edge translational research into clinical diagnostics. We offer the potential for significant corporate growth and career development. We promote a culture of collaboration and shared excellence while encouraging an open and honest exchange of ideas.
We are always in search of potential employees who share our vision and want to make a difference today. In your submission, please describe your background and what you can bring to our team along with attaching your resume.
- Hands-on laboratory bench work, primarily in the area of developing, verifying and validating RUO/IVD products in the Parsortix® product range.
- Provide the main interface between R&D, RA, QC and manufacturing and manage technology transfer and support manufacturing scale up.
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget delivery of work packages within a project.
- Timely reporting of progress on projects and on metrics to monitor and mitigate risk and to ensure product deadlines are met.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and regulatory compliance of projects.
- Act as Project leader on at least one project, as required.
- Taking responsibility for scoping, planning and managing the project.
- Where required, supervise and manage others by influence and in line with the ANGLE management charter.
- Effectively delegate work to team members and manage their delivery.
- Assist with forecasting staffing requirements.
- Manage the day to day running of assigned development projects within the Quality Management System (ISO13485) and work to the New Product Development (NPD) operating procedure.
- Provide documentation and supporting evidence to ISO13485 and 21cfr820 standard for technical reviews within the NPD process.
- Responsible for achievement of QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) metrics for projects.
- Independently keep a current knowledge base in areas of scientific and technical research, taking recommendations on new processes, technologies and product opportunities.
- Provide scientific and technical support to programmes and projects.
- Provide scientific expertise, advice and practical support to senior management in all technical areas of the company.
- Manage Relationships with external organisations and collaborators.
- Undertake additional ad-hoc tasks as required.Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Life Sciences related to Cell Biology, Oncology or Molecular Biology, with post-graduate laboratory experience gained in the in vitro diagnostics industry in Medical device development/validation (or an equivalent combination of experience and formal education), or Ph.D. in Life Sciences related to Cell Biology, Oncology or Molecular Biology.
- Experience working to strict quality standards such as Medical Device regulations and standards including, but not limited to, 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, 93/42/EEC, IVD 98/79 EC, ISO14971, GMP, GLP, QSR. A strong understanding of the importance of accurate record keeping within a strictly controlled quality system is essential.
- Experimental design and project/resource planning skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the timely creation and delivery of project reports.
- Product development projects to agreed performance specifications, on time and within budget.
- Production to agreed timetables and according to defined instructions.
- Effective time management skills and an ability to delegate and manage the work of others.
- Strong team player and possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
- Commercially astute and a dynamic, strategic thinker.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to follow agreed procedures and rapidly prioritise tasks in response to unexpected opportunities or risks.
- Good report writing skills, with the ability to communicate results to technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- An eye for detail and commitment to high quality data.
- Continuous learner with a keen appetite for cross-disciplinary work.
- A flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Due to nature of role, the requirement is for Guildford based, office hours and 5 days per week, with flexibility to work shift patterns if required.
As a member of our highly skilled and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
Furthermore, please be advised that if you submit an application to us for this position, your application and personal details will be processed in accordance with our Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates.
Important notice to Employment Businesses/ Agencies:
ANGLE does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact our ANGLE recruitment team to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ANGLE. ANGLE shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.