ANGLE is a world leading and growing liquid biopsy company that develops products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
ANGLE’s research and development facilities in Guildford, UK are looking for a Scientist II specialising in Cell Biology and Imaging.
You will be a Scientist II who can apply expertise in methods development and validation in support of clinical diagnostic products.
This important position, will undertake work that requires considerable innovation resulting in a major impact on company performance. This role will also support other projects and programs within the Company, as well as, the establishment of company-wide methods and Standard Operating Practises relative to Cell Biology and Imaging.
- Hands-on laboratory work, primarily in the area of Cell Biology and Imaging;
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget delivery of work packages within a project;
- Act as Project leader on one project as required;
- Responsible to ensuring quality and regulatory compliance of projects;
- Timely reporting of progress on projects and on metrics to monitor and mitigate risk and to ensure product deadlines are met;
- Manage the day to day running of assigned development projects within the Quality Management System (ISO13485) and working to the New Product Development (NPD) operating procedure;
- Provide scientific and technical support to programmes and projects;
- Provide scientific expertise, advice and practical support to senior management in all technical areas of the company;
- Independently keep a current knowledge base in areas of scientific and technical research, making recommendations on new processes, technologies and product opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- PhD in Life Sciences, with at least 2 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent in oncology, cell biology or imaging, preferably gained in the in vitro diagnostics industry in diagnostic assay development/validation;
- Demonstrated expertise and hand-on competency in cell biology and imaging technologies;
- Experience working to strict quality standards such as Medical Device regulations and standards including, but not limited to, 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, 93/42/EEC, IVD 98/79 EC, ISO14971, GMP, GLP, QSR;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Organisational skills and the ability to rapidly prioritise tasks in response to unexpected opportunities or risks;
- Effective time management and an ability to delegate work to team members and manage delivery;
- Experimental design and project/resource planning skills;
- Ability to manage and coordinate the timely creation and delivery of project reports;
- Manage and deliver product development projects to agreed performance specifications, on time and within budget.
- The following skills and experience would be an advantage:
- Experience in statistical analysis methods;
- Experience in a clinical laboratory environment, particularly, oncology;
- Knowledge / experience in transferring a laboratory process to automated instrumentation.
As a member of our excellent and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £32,000
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.