ANGLE is a world-leading liquid biopsy company with offices in Guildford (UK), Toronto (Canada) and Philadelphia (US). ANGLE’s proven patent protected liquid biopsy platform products have the potential to be used in cancer diagnostics to enable early, accurate identification of an individual’s condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease.
We are looking for a Phlebotomist to join our friendly team in Guildford. This role will work closely with our existing Phlebotomist, our blood donors and our research and development teams.
This is a busy role that would suit an experienced phlebotomist or nurse who is looking for a position that combines venepuncture activities with administrative duties that require a keen eye for detail, such as data entry and record keeping.
- To obtain blood specimens by performing venepunctures of HNV donors, meet and greet donors; ensure accurate completion of donor questionnaires.
- To maintain specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following ANGLE company procedures.
- To track collected specimens by initialling, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- To liaise with our scientists and R&D managers to arrange appointments of HNV blood donors for blood draw.
- To manage healthy normal volunteer (HNV) blood donor recruitment in accordance with the company’s ethical approved procedure, including booking and logging appointments for blood donors.
- To maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job and possess the ability to use own initiative.
- Due to the nature of the role, the requirement is for Guildford based, 5 days per week (Monday to Friday).
Essential for this position:
- Completed a structured theoretical and practical assessment on venepuncture, with a minimum of 1 year’s work experience as a phlebotomist in hospitals, clinics or health care centres. We will also consider experienced nurses for this position.
- Strong attention to detail with a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- This role is central to the scheduling of our donors in a timely and effective manner, so the ability to prioritise while remaining calm under pressure is essential.
- Strong team player with excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
Desirable for this position:
- Experience of working to strict quality standards such as ISO9001 or preferably ISO13485 would be an advantage.
As a member of our excellent and fast-growing team, you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive benefits package.
Salary estimate – £18,000-£20,000 per annum
Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.